Cleaning up

It is fall.  Time to take out clothes from storage for a cooler season. Time to look at what I have used and not used. Time to get rid of things that no longer serve.

The yogic principle this relates to is "saucha".  Saucha translates as cleanliness. It is really cleanliness in outward ways of life and in inward ways of life,  Habits with clothes and possessions as well as with thoughts and people.  Yoga encourages us to look at them and see what is clean and what is not clean in all our habits.

I had a bunch of nice clothes that I used to wear years ago, but have not put on in years.  They were crammed into my closet along with lots of things I do use and wear now.  They were so fancy I did not want to let them go.  But they were no longer useful in my life,

So, with saucha as my guide, I went through and got rid of them.  I took them to my neighborhood church's clothes closet.  Now some people who do not have the money to buy nice things will be able to have some nice things,  and I have some closet space.

Letting go of those things felt hard.  But then it turned out to be so nice.  Clean.

8 Comments to Cleaning up :

hublot on Tuesday, December 30, 2014 12:17 AM
Exactly why have you been getting trouble discovering Xmas provides?

Light Images on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 6:01 AM
Susan Gomez is an Professional Female Boudoir photographer based in Las Vegas, Nevada specializing in bridal photography, Wedding Photography, sexy photography, intimate photography and sexy photo

gucci on Saturday, January 31, 2015 3:27 AM
Not any different models has become competent to benefit from Chopard's cult including overall appeal with wristwatches.

William on Friday, October 23, 2015 11:47 AM

Smart vacs UK on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 4:28 AM
To rearrange your closet for winter sure is hectic. It stresses you out both mentally and physically. during this when you are stressed out about where to place your sweaters, charity sure is a noble way of solving this problem out because out there are loads of people who need that sweater more than us where we have stacks of them.

Excalibur on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 8:06 PM
Very cool take adding yoga to the mix. Definitely fits the mold and will help you remain clam, during the process.

Disposal on Sunday, January 31, 2016 9:20 PM
Very cool stuff. Absolutely love yoga and it can definitely help out in this regard.

Brenda on Sunday, January 31, 2016 9:21 PM
I love yoga, I joined a class 10 years ago and still attend every week.