An Engineer Meditates

My meditation group meets weekly and brings together all sorts of varied characters.  One of these characters is my pal, Karl Rosenblum.  He is a meditator and an engineer. He blogs about it at http://karlrosenblum.com/blog/meditate/, so if you like his post, surf on over and check out his site.
He is today's guest blogger.
_________________________________

I have the worst possible mind for meditating. Not only is my brain working overtime on ideas and next steps on everything from work, yard projects, family and blogging, but my job as a strategic planner for a manufacturing company, has me looking out in intervals of 2, 5 and 10 years in the future. This is definitely not "being here and now."

But that being said, perhaps that's why I decided to meditate. It's easy to chastise myself about past mistakes and plot a million future scenarios, but it’s hard to just sit in the present moment and think of ...nothing! Learning meditation in a group environment taught by monks was just the ticket.

So, how did I do it? Yes, practice and determination were important, but I needed a few tricks. First off, get centered, no sense thinking about what is going on outside of the meditation hall. Second, focus on a simple object to prevent random images from creating a distraction. Call it a mantra for the eyeballs. And lastly, and the hardest for me, repeat any mantra over and over to crowd out the sporadic thoughts and imaginary conversations. Drown it out! Louder and faster is better, although not out loud.

To capture my thoughts I decided to blog about my experience. In the blog, I describe the challenges and successes with my meditation practice, including the details my left brain has decided to catalog. As a result, I have become mindful of my progress in the art of mindfulness.

13 Comments to An Engineer Meditates:

hermes outlet on Friday, July 11, 2014 5:24 AM
Anyone no longer occasion ought to hold out pertaining to income to acquire Eileen Kors totes. Zero a great deal more operating for you to wall plug shopping centers confident involving obtaining a amazing present while on an out-dated ladies handbag.

hermes on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 3:11 AM
Constructed tresses right now appears to be in the same seeing that quality tresses and is particularly fewer huge versus people tresses expansions.

help with hrm essay on Saturday, May 06, 2017 5:51 AM
Famous yoga teachers are following this blog shared instructions. Every point we should read for finding new websites and fitness coaches, and thank you

tutu app not working on Thursday, June 22, 2017 2:27 AM
Pokemon Go Wont Load, Tutu app won’t won’t Download, Unable to install, these are the general problems tutu app users generally experience

driver toolkit 8.5.1 crack on Thursday, August 17, 2017 7:30 AM
I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much.

tutuapp fixed on Thursday, September 07, 2017 5:26 PM
tutu app not working pokemon go tutuapp pokemon go not working android tutuapp cannot be installed at this time tutu app won't install tutuapp unable to download app tutuapp not installing unable to download tutuapp tutuapp not verified

Click here on Friday, September 08, 2017 1:43 AM
One of the most intriguing things about Kodi is that you can watch movies from multiple genres. From action movies to thriller, you name it. These Kodi addons offer latest movies along with popular classics. Make sure to grab all of the Kodi addons for movies:

Call me pictures for whatsapp on Saturday, September 09, 2017 2:50 AM
If yes, then call me pictures works best instead of sending a simple text “call me”. We have crafted 10+ call me images for WhatsApp, Facebook etc sites along with relevant graphics for you.

ttf236 on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 4:26 AM
http://www.gapoffices.com/ http://www.gemz-uk-ltd.com/ http://www.glasshousepromotions.com/ http://www.goldgemdevelopmentsltd.com/

DENNIS on Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:33 AM
Good.

Everglades National Park, Florida on Thursday, September 28, 2017 11:05 AM
Thanks for such a great post and the review....

Secret Tips for Yoga on Thursday, September 28, 2017 11:16 AM
I really appreciate the research you put into it.

download root explorer on Monday, October 02, 2017 9:05 PM
This a successful app with over 16,000 five star rating users. Root explorer apk is a paid app service in Google play store. We provide refund option to the users who have not satisfied with the app usage. They can get the refund amount within 24 hours. It provides excellent support for the users for their queries, you can also access the games for offline, and download the apps from stores easily. Games can be downloaded for offline except few online games.