Teaching mandala meditation

I had several students today come take my mandala meditation class.  We made mandalas and meditated on them.  It was beautiful to see how it came out.

This picture is of my mandala.  It shows the center point, an eye.  When you meditate on a mandala, you try to focus on the center point of the image.  We sat for five minutes staring at our mandalas on the wall.

I saw my grandmother's blue eyes in this mandala.  I saw the eye looked like it had something important to say.  And then it looked like it was simply exhausted.

I took it as grandma telling me to slow down a bit.  Take life as it comes.  Be a little less serious about changing the world for the better.  Maybe the world gets better- maybe not.  But it does not hinge on what I do.

Then I noticed my mandala is a little off-center and looks like a patch, the way I colored it with pens mostly.  It has a woven quality.  It strikes me as looking very strong.  Maybe a little bit misfitted, but significantly strong.

With mandala meditation, you work with it every day- coloring it in, adding to it, meditating on it (maybe you could call it "listening" to it), and journaling about what it tells you each day.  I will keep you updated...

14 Comments to Teaching mandala meditation:

Karen Rice on Monday, May 27, 2013 10:07 PM
I sure wish we lived in the same state! You are remarkable! I want t to make a Mandela and loosen my frozen shoulder! And have you teach me yoga! You are awesomeness, sisterfriend!

designer handbags on Monday, July 22, 2013 4:53 AM
I konw it is the best artical!

Lingerie Sexy on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 1:30 AM
Thank you for the article , very good.

Click to read more on Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:26 AM
Thankful and blessed… these are what I feel today! Especially that I found an entry like this one for it helps me a lot in my research. Despite of all the stern and mind-numbing enquiries into Google, I definitely give credit to this source of information.

Wholesale Costumes on Tuesday, July 30, 2013 5:21 AM
It is so good! welcome to my homepage.

soccer replica jerseys on Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:04 AM
By changing the sealing methods, packaging technology also can be used to form continuous paper and fabric product containters actually.

website promotion in jaipur on Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:17 AM
It strikes me as looking very strong. Maybe a little bit misfitted, but significantly strong.

kutti machine manufacturer on Saturday, August 24, 2013 4:14 AM
Everyone for their behavior should bear full responsibility onto others you do not use, you can not afford to push, who would not carry it for you.

Buy Xeloda on Friday, August 30, 2013 5:44 AM
It's really pleasure to read your post. Thank you so much for writing such a nice post.

Melina Sade on Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:29 AM
Excellent Blog. I really want to admire the quality of this post. I like the way of your presentation of ideas, views and valuable content. No doubt you are doing great work. I'll be waiting for your next post. Thanks .Keep it up!

danilobueno.eu on Thursday, October 31, 2013 2:33 AM
But the tablet screen's review edge is rather narrow and the battery runs out rapidly. Moreover, you might get a 10 -inches tablet for less than $100 more. The Acer Iconia Tab A100 offers a full Honeycomb experience on a 7-inches tablet , but the way that a more imposing Honeycomb tablet is less than $100 off sours the bargain.

Sun-Flo-WerCoop on Thursday, November 21, 2013 10:19 PM
Very informative post, i really appreciate your writing skills

Best Paper writing service on Saturday, May 31, 2014 12:49 AM
Thanks%20so%20much%20for%20a%20great%20post%20about%20teaching%20and%20meditation.%20%20I'd%20like%20to%20know%20more%20about%20these%20topics%20and%20hope%20that%20I%20can%20receive%20more%20insight%20into%20this%20topic.,

strona www on Monday, August 25, 2014 8:23 PM
With view on the succeed exterior, your company possess a certain length take the main harmful as well as get around school or maybe shop