New Growth

Making a Path

Life seems to have a destination, but sometimes the path is unclear.  That perfect relationship, that perfect job, that harmony and ease are over there, always over there, just out of reach.

Play it Loud

I played clarinet in band in middle school.  I remember how terrible we were.  And I remember my teacher telling us to play the wrong thing and go ahead and play it loud!  He was dealing with our angst as we hesitated our way through each piece.  When we started playing and making the mistakes, we got better.

Do Something

When I plant seeds in the garden, after they come up, some of them show lots of growth and some don't.  I weed out the ones that have not grown very big and give space to the others.  There are moments in my life when I have been that spindly plant, wondering which way to grow, not growing very much in any direction.

Just like a plant, the way to grow is to follow the light.  There will be some path that just has more of a glow to it than another path.  It might look like a more winding path.  It might seem to disappear at times.  But walking that path feels warm and sunny.

Keep on Taking Steps

The plants I pick to let grow are the biggest, strongest plants.  They have the most life force, the most chi.  They have established their ability to follow the light.  I don't really care if they have grown a little east or a little west in their attempts to grow. Just like these plants, the direction to grow in is not the most important thing.  Do some every day toward the goal that feeds your inner light.

Others Get Inspired by You

Sometimes I have made the mistake of thinking that I should not do all I can do because it will make those around me jealous or threaten my relationships.  But in truth, relationships that are threatened by my growth are worth losing anyway.  And those that aren't will just get stronger.  In this way, my life gets weeded and pruned and new growth comes in to nourish.

9 Comments to New Growth:

paper editing on Thursday, August 01, 2013 5:39 AM

LED Lighting on Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:15 AM
A typical LED video panel has 96 separate LEDs and requires just 9 watts of power. The resulting light is comfortable to work with because it’s heat-free.

rolex watches for men & women on Monday, September 02, 2013 2:03 AM
A lot of landfills make an attempt to melt away your waste it doesn't stop working after a while. The challenge using this type of process can be who's could relieve harmful substances in the natural environment producing significant conditions.

rolex watches for men on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 10:59 PM
Typically the 40-mm claim possesses a ratcheted crown popular from fast pilots’ looks after not to mention a particular burned Zenith Driving Resources creative logo at the caseback.

chanel 2.55 series on Monday, September 23, 2013 5:40 AM
Individually, We switch more than Chanel items, particularly the actual sharp bulk. I purchased the actual Fast thirty-five stop inside a traditional manufacturer Canvas in the Chanel chow predominance Stansted as well as incontrovertible offers offered superbly as a result of ongoing as well as roomy journey as well as every single day tote, leaking ensconce jewel.

site on Thursday, August 28, 2014 5:30 PM
How to decorate a functional hall Mirrors permit the optical skyrocket section of the room

Solid Waste Treatment on Thursday, October 16, 2014 4:58 AM
Excellent content when did, internet marketing will most likely be substantially more helpful than any other time.

luxury watch brands for men on Friday, January 02, 2015 8:25 AM
I am typically to running a blog and i really respect your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I'm going to bookmark your web site and maintain checking for brand new information.

Custom Logo Design Service on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 6:42 AM
If you loved this write-up and you would such as to obtain additional details concerning site kindly check out our own web site.